We’d like to introduce you to our newest broker, Lawrence Mosselson…
1. How many years have you been in working in real estate?
Almost 25 years.
2. What initially attracted you to work in commercial real estate?
All of the different opportunities – it’s never a boring day!
3. What is some of the best advice your colleagues have given you?
Your reputation is the most valuable thing that you have.
4. What advice do you have to give to someone who is thinking about getting their real estate license? (Other than “Don’t do it!”)
Network, network, network. This is a business built on relationships.
5. What innovations are you seeing that will have a profound effect on the CRE industry in the future?
As technology has given everyone in the CRE industry the ability to access the same information, hard work and dedication is becoming more important than ever.
6. What do you love most about being a real estate sales representative?
I love how every deal is different. The basics may be the same but every deal requires experience and knowledge to deliver exceptional results to my clients.
7. What do you believe is the most challenging aspect of working in commercial real estate?
The most challenging aspect is convincing people that there is value in using a professional to help them with their commercial real estate. Commercial real estate brokers have a unique and valuable skill set that clients can’t find elsewhere.
8. If you weren’t going into real estate, what do you think you would be doing?
I would likely have been a travel agent. I love travelling and love searching for the best flights, hotels, etc.
LET’S GET PERSONAL:
1. What is your favourite spot in the city?
My favourite spot is my neighbourhood – the St. Lawrence Market area. I’m right downtown but there’s still a real sense of a community. And it’s surprisingly quiet at night and on the weekends.
2. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
As cliché as it is, I couldn’t live without my iPhone.
3. What is the strangest job you’ve ever had?
Not necessarily strange, but I spent a summer in high school working as a car jockey at a dealership. I thought I’d be driving fun new cars all summer, but that wasn’t the case at all.
4. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
We’ve never had a bad trip to Italy – the history, the food and the people.
5. If you could do another job for just one day, what would is be?
I would be a pilot. I’d love to be able to fly a jet, even though I’m scared of heights.
6. Tell me something that might surprise us about you?
I have my chef’s certificate from George Brown College.
7. Do you have a favourite quotes or words that you live by?
I try my best to live by my favourite quote from Maya Angelou – I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
8. And finally, complete this sentence… you’re happiest when ______________________.
In the pool on a hot summer day.