1. How many years have you been in working in real estate? Six years now.
2. What initially attracted you to work in commercial real estate? I have always enjoyed Commercial Real Estate and my career in the industry started working for a Developer. What brought me back was the opportunity to work outside the box and pull ideas together to achieve the results my clients are looking for. Not every deal is the same and that gives a lot of space to be creative.
3. What is some of the best advice your colleagues have given you? Take advice only from those who you would trade places with.
4. What advice do you have to give to someone who is thinking about getting their real estate license? Real Estate as a profession is just as much an investment as buying real estate. So make it worth it.
5. What innovations are you seeing that will have a profound effect on the CRE industry in the future? The investment in Technology. Being able to benefit from immediate access to data analysis, valuations and appraisals is an incredible advantage for us and I believe it helps give our clients more confidence in our ability to produce the results they want.
6. If you weren’t in real estate, what do you think you would be doing? I would probably be in the entertainment industry or politics.
LET’S GET PERSONAL:
1. What is your favourite spot in the city? Restaurant? Neighbourhood? I love the Distillery District and Yorkville. My Favourite restaurant is Cibo Wine Bar.
2. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without? My Passport.
3. What is the strangest job you’ve ever had? When I was a kid I worked at my grandpas small engine shop during the summers and would either be cleaning tractors or loading cement wheels. It taught me a great work ethic at a very young age. I’m grateful for that.
4. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? New York City. I love the culture, the architecture and everything in between. If I wasn’t a Torontonian, I would definitely be a New Yorker.
5. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be? Host of a Late Night Talk Show.
6. Tell me something that might surprise us about you? I love football.
7. Do you have a favourite quote or words that you live by? “Better an Oops than a What If.”
8. And finally, complete this sentence. You’re happiest when…. Travelling.