Potbelly Sandwich Shop opens its second location at 180 Bloor St. West in Toronto
In February, Halsted Hospitality, the exclusive franchisee for Potbelly in Ontario, opened their second Potbelly Sandwich Shop location in Toronto at Bloor & Avenue, just across from the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM).
This opening follows the opening of the first flagship Toronto location at King and Yonge last fall.
Potbelly’s Canadian rollout rep, our own Rami Kozman, said that in keeping with the chain’s philosophy of being a “neighbourhood” sandwich shop, the décor for the new store took inspiration from the local community and history, including the ROM and U of T.
The chain has an extensive mouth-watering menu for any point in your day, including sandwiches, meal-sized salads, chili, soups, desserts as well as breakfasts sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, steel-cur oatmeal and Balzac’s coffee.
Is your belly ready for what’s next?
Halsted Hospitality plans to open 15-20 stores in the GTA over the next five years with the first food court location opening in the spring in RioCan’s Yonge-Sheppard Centre.
Rami is currently seeking high-profile urban locations in Toronto that have a strong lunch traffic, particularly downtown and PATH locations. For more information, you can get in touch with him at email@example.com.
Renovations are almost complete at the 141-year-old Brunswick House in Toronto
Big news! Renovations are almost complete at 481 Bloor St. West, the former Brunswick House.
Our agent, Attila Schwarze played a large part in this deal which started in the summer of 2013. He was walking by the building and noticed the landlord outside and asked why the large space was closed mid-afternoon during the week. After a brief conversation, the landlord told Attila that the existing tenants term was ending at the end of 2016. From that point on, Attila worked with Michael Calderone from NorthWest Atlantic to bring forward a suitable replacement tenant which we now know is Rexall.
Under heritage designation, Rexall’s new flagship store will be opening on February 27th with a Grand Opening scheduled for April 28th.
According to Derek Tupling, a spokesperson for Rexall, the retailer has worked closely with the city’s heritage division, Annex BIA and the Harbord Residents Association throughout the renovation process.
The new design of the space will be a complimentary mix of old and new and will celebrate the rich history of what many Torontonians know as ‘The Brunny’. For example, Rexall will be re-purposing the old keg barrel bar and turning it into their main checkout as well as keeping the original ‘Ye Olde Brunswick House’ sign and adding it onto a feature wall. They have also kept all interior chandeliers and tin ceilings.
The exterior brick and limestone have also been completely restored.
Also included in the building will be a well established Medical Group of family physicians who will be opening a 2,600 square foot medical clinic (on the second floor) with a walk-in and other medical services. The clinic will be accepting new patients to join their comprehensive family medicine team within the next month.
Stay tuned for more photos coming within the next few weeks!
TBG’s Listing Round Up
Here’s the latest from us! (Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2016)
229 Consumers Road, Toronto
- New restaurant complex at the intersection of Highway 401 and The Don Valley Parkway
- High growth area featuring new office and condo construction
- Approximately 24,000 office employees within walking distance and over 100,000 households within a 7-minute drive
- Pylon signage opportunities facing Highway 401 available, visible to over 4 million commuters per week
- Dedicated, free parking for restaurant customers
- Large patio spaces available for all units
For more information, please call The Behar Group Realty Inc., Brokerage’s sales representative, Rami Kozman (extension 245, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Avi Behar, CEO and broker (extension 227, email@example.com) at 416.636.8898.
861-863 St. Clair Avenue West, Toronto
- Rare opportunity to lease a prominent corner in the trendy and high-traffic St. Clair Avenue West neighbourhood
- Highly visible signage opportunities including pylon signage
- Surface parking available and St. Clair streetcar stop at your door
- Landlord may upgrade façade
- Ideal for retail, restaurant, service or professional office
For more information, please call The Behar Group Realty Inc., Brokerage’s sales representative, Rami Kozman (extension 245, firstname.lastname@example.org) at 416.636.8898.
SportClips – Site requirement – Ottawa area
- SportClips is an original concept that combines sports, haircuts, and guy-centric marketing in a successful national franchise! The relaxed sports-theme atmosphere and continuous sports broadcasts offer men and boys a rewarding experience they can’t find anywhere else.
- Site search is currently focused on the Ottawa market
- 1,000 square feet – 1, 400 square feet
- Grocery anchored
- High-visibility street front
Swim school – Immediate Requirement for lease
- Size: 5,000 to 6,000 square ft.
- Use: Swim School
- Parametres: Ability to dig down 7ft. | no columns throughout the space |Ceiling height minimum 18 ft.
- Location: Richmond Hill | Markham
- Parking: Surface parking for minimum 30 cars
For inquiries or site submissions, please call The Behar Group Realty Inc., Brokerage’s Director of Sales and Leasing, Barbara Kless (extension 24, email@example.com) at 416.636.8898.
Fall Food Drive
Our first annual Fall Food Drive is in full swing!
Do you have a meeting at our office coming up? We would love for you to contribute by bringing a canned food item.
Food items needed:
Canned vegetables, pasta/ pasta sauce, canned fruit, 100% fruit juice, rice, high fibre/low sugar cereal, oatmeal, flour, granola bars, canned meat in water, canned fish (tuna in water), dried/canned beans, peanut butter, baby food (vegetables and fruit)/ baby cereal/ baby formula.
All donations will be going to The Daily Bread Food Bank and we will be collecting donations until mid-December.